horizon tip

Bring a European Converter for Another Plug

American appliances run on 110 volts, while European voltage is 220. Most staterooms on Carnival Horizon have two 110 volt outlets and one European outlet in the room, along with two USB plugs (one of which is a rapid charger). And let’s face it: Most of us need more plugs, considering that we tend to bring our phones and computers and cameras and a whole lot of other electronics with us on vacation. My advice? Pick up a European power converter for that third outlet. Sure, if you’re traveling with the whole family you’ll still have more appliances than plugs, but every little bit helps, right?