Pachimottanasana stretches the lower back, hamstrings, and hips. It also tones the abdominal organs, pelvic organs, and the shoulders.
- Sit up with legs stretched out straight in front of you, keep the spine erect, and keep the toes flexed towards you.
- Breathe in and raise both of your arms above your head.
- Breathe out and bend forward from your hips while moving the chin towards the toes. Keep your spine erect and move towards the toes instead of moving towards the knees.
- Try to hold your toes with your hands, and if that is not possible, place your hands wherever they can reach comfortably.
- Keep your head down for 30 to 60 seconds and repeat this yoga sequence two to three times. If you experience distress or pain, come out of the posture.
- Come into sitting position while inhaling and exhale, come to rest.