Balasana relaxes the back muscles, relieves constipation, and calms the nervous system.
- Fold your legs and sit on your heels with your hips resting on the heels. Bend forward and lower your forehead to the floor.
- Keep your arms alongside your body with your hands on the floor and palms facing up. If you do not feel comfortable, make fists with both your hands, place them on each other, and rest your head on the fist.
- Gently press your chest on the thighs and hold. Stretch your upper torso.
- Gently come up on your heels and relax.
- If you experience distress or pain, come out of the posture.